Tuesday, January 18, 2011

♡ {Romeo's Legacy} ♡

So, I don't think any of you know this. Well besides my friends, but 3 years ago today, something terrible happened. It may not seem like a "tragedy" to some people, however to me it was.
3 years ago on this day my first horse Romeo passed away. I was completely heart broken, although we saw it coming it was still a shock. You see, he had gotten extremely bad Colic, and that's nothing to mess around with. We have no idea what caused it, but it was absolutely terrible. He suffered for about 2 days before passing. We did everything we could, got all the medication, I stayed up all night walking him. Cried my heart out, I just couldn't stand to see him like that. But nothing worked. He died the next morning. It was a Sunday I believe?
Went to school the next day, runny nose, and teary eyed. I didn't or should I say "couldn't" talk to anyone. I was speechless, and had no intention of talking about it to anyone. I still start crying every time I talk and/or write about this.
Alright, sorry about the terrible long post.
All in all, Romeo was an amazing horse, a best friend, and the only thing that really made sense to me. I loved him with all my heart. I would like to thank my friends, and most of all my family for helping me get through this.
♡ You don't know how much I miss you bud [':
Love you.

No comments: